What Do I Do If I Have an AC Leak?
It is common to get worried whenever there is a leakage in your home. Water damage can be costly to fix, and it doesn’t take much time to occur once a leak starts. It is essential to take action if you are experiencing a leak in your AC as damage from water can happen within minutes of leakage. Even the simplest leakage can damage ceilings, walls, floors, carpet, and furniture.
What causes the AC to leak excessive water?
There are multiple reasons that can cause water leakage from your air conditioner.
- Clogged air filter : The evaporator coils of the air conditioner freezes when the air filter becomes obstructed or even partially blocked. This causes an overflow of excess water from the drainage pan.
- Damaged condensate pan : If the pan that is made for retaining water breaks due to age or deterioration, the air conditioner will leak.
- Obstructed drain pipe : Standard air conditioner function requires water channeling through a range of drainage pipes. It could lead to water leakage if any of these drainage pipes are blocked.
- Incorrect installation : If the air conditioner is new and is facing a leakage problem, it could be due to faulty installation.
- Reduced refrigerant level :The air conditioner’s unit loses pressure due to insufficient refrigerant levels. This can lead to frozen evaporator coils that can cause an overflow in the drain pan.
Need a professional?
At Accu-Temp Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer top-notch air-conditioning services in Florida. From refrigerant leakage to drainage problems, faulty compressor fans to frozen evaporator coils, our certified and licensed air conditioning technicians have closely worked with all models of HVAC equipment and can provide excellent assistance.
With over 15 years of experience, we provide competitive rates, financing on repairs, and budget-friendly replacements. Apart from our hassle-free 24/7 customer services, we offer complimentary troubleshooting services.