Air Conditioning Has A Bad Smell
You walk into your room after a long day, and you are greeted by a foul smell coming from your AC. A stingy and stale smell coming from the vents of your AC is one of the most common problems in all households. Often, this bad smell is accompanied by harmful germs that can cause serious health risks. This is a pestering problem that must be fixed as soon as possible.
Why is this happening?
Here are some reasons why your AC Conditioner might be giving out a pungent smell:
- Accumulation of Water in the Drain Pan or Drip Lines: This can cause fungus or mildew to grow in the ducts or pipelines. The accumulation of water may be manifested by leakages in the indoor units.
- Dirty Filters: If the air conditioner filters have not been cleaned properly for a long time, it can cause smelly air to blow from your vents.
- Humidity Accumulation: If you live in a hot and humid place and turn your AC on after a long time, the bad smell can be due to moisture accumulation in the filters.
- Leakage of fluids from the engine or other parts of the AC: This causes an exhaust fume odor.
- Gas Leak: Leakage of methyl mercaptan, a gas that smells a lot like a skunk’s spray, could be getting into your ductwork and causing this smell in your home.
- Dead Birds or Rodents: If there is a dead animal or bird in your air duct, it can lead to a foul smell from the AC.
Need Professional Help?
If you are looking for professionals to service your AC or repair breaks, Accu-Temp Heating & Air Conditioning is the one-stop solution. Our experienced team boasts of complete knowledge about air conditioners and everything that could go wrong with your AC. You can avail of our maintenance plans, undergone by our team of expert technicians, to make sure that your AC functions at its maximum capacity and doesn’t blow out any pungent smell when turned on. Be it rattling noises or sudden breakdowns: we are available 24×7 to provide you with efficient AC and Heat Pump services.