Winters without furnaces are definitely incomplete. Furnaces have become a crucial HVAC system in today’s day and life, especially in chilly winters where the temperature drops to minus degrees. Furnaces are a long-term investment. However, estimates show that they are used for longer than they ideally should be.
Although certain furnaces have been known to last over 40 years, the average lifespan of a furnace is between 15-20 years; these depend considerably based on various determining factors. Furnace and installation quality determine a furnace’s lifespan, regular furnace maintenance in Ormond Beach, FL is the key to making furnaces last and work effectively.
Signs You Should Replace Your Furnace
Regardless of whether your furnace has stopped working or not, it is better advised and best to replace your furnaces after 10 years of its use. Not only does the overall efficiency of the furnace deteriorate after its expected lifespan, but it can also prove to be dangerous and cause major harm to your house. Now we don’t want that.
Thus, as soon as your furnace crosses its expected lifespan, it is time you start looking for a new furnace.
Increasing Energy Bills:
If you suddenly notice your energy bills rising drastically, it may be because of your HVAC system. Make sure you check your furnace to ensure that it is working effectively. Furnaces that do not work efficiently require more energy to operate well. It may be advisable to replace your furnace if you notice a sudden rise in your energy bills.
It is common and quite normal to do some minor repairs to your furnace over the years. However, if your furnace experiences some major damage more frequently than it is supposed to, it may be a sign that your furnace has reached the end of its lifespan, and it may be time for a new one.
How To Make Your Furnace Last Longer?
- Do a full servicing of your furnace before the start and end of every winter to fix any potential damage to just regularly prepare your furnace for winters.
- Avoid keeping any inflammable objects near your furnaces, such as newspapers, cardboard, or anything, since that could easily cause fire outbursts.
- Clean the filter of your furnace regularly for effective heating of the furnace.
- Clean the vents and ductwork of your heating system to ensure your furnace’s regular and efficient working.
- Get your furnace tune-up in Daytona Beach, FL by an HVAC professional to ensure your furnace’s smooth functioning and avoid any major and expensive damages in the future.
You must get your furnace serviced from a reputed and good HVAC services company since not doing the same would not only reduce the frequency of your repairs and, thus, but also decrease your furnace’s overall efficiency and lifespan.
Do you want to get your furnace serviced? We have your back. Contact Accutemp for furnace service in Palm Coast, FL. Give us a call or text us at (386) 244-9440 or drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be at your service.